For the past two days (plus today) I have been answering questions in the Writer’s Retreat Workshop on “Destressing the Writing Life.” You still have time to post a question today–or just pop by to read some of the discussion threads.
This subject isn’t just about destressing during the holidays. Frankly, we lead such busy lives these days that there are precious few “slower” months in the calendar year. You need to know how to destress your writing life every day.
In the workshop we’ve talked about such things as:
- stress caused by the flood of information on writing, publishing and marketing
- stress caused by the new social marketing–and how much is worthwhile
- setting goals that motivate without stressing you out
- handling multiple deadlines more easily
- critique groups–and how to benefit from them without adding stress to your writing life
- scheduling your writing day when juggling things like chores and a day job
- unexpected stress that comes with success
Check It Out!
If you have other questions on this topic that you’d like to see discussed, post them at the Writer’s Retreat Workshop before the day is out–and I’ll meet you there!